Ag Extension Programs

slugCounty Spring Seedling Program

Yellowhead County Agricultural Services has developed a Spring Seedling Program which will supply residents with tree seedlings at low costs.

Order forms and a list of the species are available at Yellowhead County’s Edson and Wildwood offices in January of each year. All order forms must be submitted and paid in full before the order deadline date.

 *Link to Spring Seedling Program


slugStewardship Alliance for Conservation Agriculture (SACA)

Yellowhead County is a member of the Stewardship Alliance for Conservation Agriculture group (formerly the West Central Conservation Group), a partnership of two counties and the West Central Forage Association. SACA works together with counties to develop sustainable pasture management and riparian management, along with other beneficial management practices.

Contact Stewardship Alliance for Conservation Agriculture at the following:
West Central Forage Association
Box 360
Phone: 780-727-4424


Fencline Program

The Fence Line Program intent is to control Noxious and Prohibited Noxious weeds and encroaching brush along private fence lines adjacent to Yellowhead County roads and right-of-ways.

*Link to Fenceline program


 Custom Herbicide Application Program (CHAP)

The intent of CHAP is to control Noxious and/or Prohibited Noxious weeds on private property at a cost to residents.

Link to CHAP program

County Offices


2716 - 1 Avenue,Edson,AB. T7E 1N9
Phone: 780-723-4800
Toll Free: 1-800-665-6030
Fax: 780-723-5066


53404 Rge Rd 92A,Wildwood,AB.
Phone: 780-325-3782
Toll Free 1-800-814-3935
Fax: 780-325-3783

Latest News

County Maps