10 July 2019

Info for Residents Affected by Flood Damage

Posted in News Releases

Info for Residents Affected by Flood Damage

In the event of damage caused by extraordinary conditions, the Government of Alberta may provide financial assistance to municipalities, small businesses and individuals through a Disaster Recovery Program (DRP).


DRPs assist with uninsurable losses and are intended to assist in restoring the basic essentials of life and community services.

Yellowhead County is currently preparing an application for assistance under the DRP both for municipal infrastructure and on behalf of residents who may have incurred property damage. At this time Yellowhead County does not have confirmation that funding for personal property damage is available.

In order to be prepared for any potential claim for damages please follow the steps below.

Information for Homeowners and Small Businesses

  • Homeowners experiencing flood damage to their property should contact their insurance provider as soon as possible.
  • Homeowners should take photos and document damages.
  • Homeowners can consult the following resource for advice on clean-up:
    • www.alberta.ca/disaster-assistance-and-recovery-support.aspx
  • Agricultural Operations – Please note that Crop Insurance is considered reasonably and readily available in Alberta. Residents who have had crops impacted by overland flood are encouraged to work closely with their insurance providers to ensure they understand their coverage and to report a claim if required.

Next steps
As further information becomes available on whether funding may be
possible the County will post updates on the County website or information
may be requested by calling 1-800-665-6030.

Social Bookmarks

County Offices


2716 - 1 Avenue,Edson,AB. T7E 1N9
Phone: 780-723-4800
Toll Free: 1-800-665-6030
Fax: 780-723-5066


53404 Rge Rd 92A,Wildwood,AB.
Phone: 780-325-3782
Toll Free 1-800-814-3935
Fax: 780-325-3783

Latest News

County Maps