Enforcement Services

Residents and businesses with enforcement-related issues or questions can make contact with a Yellowhead County Peace Officer by calling the county’s dispatch service at 780-723-3221. This line is monitored 24/7.

Yellowhead County Peace Officers are not trained or appointed to investigate criminal code offences. Residents must contact their local RCMP to report a criminal offence

Yellowhead County employs seven Community Peace Officers and one Peace Officer Sergeant. These individuals are appointed to enforce not only county bylaws (animal issues, unsightly property, etc.) but also a variety of provincial acts.

Some of these acts are the Traffic Safety Act, Petty Trespass Act, Gaming, Liquor, and Cannabis Act, Animal Protection Act, and the Forest and Prairie Protection Act. Enforcement generally occurs from patrol and detection by the officer but also comes from complaints made by the public. Normally, our officers work seven days a week and most holidays.

Our officers also assist in things like parades, community events, fire department emergencies, and disaster response. The town of Hinton and the town of Edson also employ their own Peace Officers. 

Common Bylaws

  •  Application For Concert and Extended Dance/Music Event
    • Please download the form, fill it out, and mail or deliver to either of the Yellowhead County Administrative Offices (located in Wildwood or Edson). Please address to ATTN: Mike Watts. Applications can also be mailed to info@yellowheadcounty.ab.ca.   

County Offices


2716 - 1 Avenue,Edson,AB. T7E 1N9
Phone: 780-723-4800
Toll Free: 1-800-665-6030
Fax: 780-723-5066


53404 Rge Rd 92A,Wildwood,AB.
Phone: 780-325-3782
Toll Free 1-800-814-3935
Fax: 780-325-3783

Latest News

County Maps