If you have selected an event type that must be validated, the Validate button next to the dropdown box will become active.
How to use this function:
1. Click the validate button to open up the Validate window.
This window will display any gaps or overlaps for the event type. No Problems Detected will appear if there are no gaps or overlaps.
To correct an overlap error:
1. Select which of the listed events you want to associate with the segment of road. Expand the Overlap Detected section to see the attributes of the available events.
2. Click the check box beside the event you would like to apply to the segment and click save. This will save the changes and run another validation for the event. If it finds another problem, you will have to repeat the above process. Close the validation window if there are no problems.
*Note &endash; remember to save before closing.
To correct a gap error you must assign the missing attributes to that section.
1. Expand the error.
The validation will always offer the events and attributes on either side of the gap as options.
2. Click the check box beside the event you would like to apply. To add a new attribute, click off the Add Event box and enter the attribute.
3. Click Save to validate and save. If it finds another problem, you will have to repeat the above process. Close the validation window if there are no problems.
Note: remember to save before closing.